As a mother of two, who practiced yoga throughout my pregnancies, (more so in the first pregnancy as it’s harder to find the time when you have a toddler running around) I know how good the physical practice can make you feel. I know that moving your body throughout pregnancy can release and relieve aches and pains.
As a trained Pregnancy Yoga Instructor and a Certified Birth and Postnatal Doula, I feel that I am able to combine both of my passions to give a well-rounded prenatal yoga experience. I draw from what I learned in my teacher training, my teaching experience, what I learn through supporting families throughout their pregnancy, labour, and postpartum journeys, and of course, I draw from my own pregnancy and birth experiences. Being a dedicated Ashtanga Yoga practitioner I am also able to draw from this beautiful, traditional style of yoga to add to my prenatal class.
Here are five things you can expect from my Prenatal Yoga class;
- A calm, positive and encouraging environment.
- A set physical practice of pregnancy approved yoga postures that cover all of the body.
- Open communication regarding all things pregnancy, birth and labour related.
- Introduction to labour breathing, which I encourage throughout my class.
- Preparation of mind and body for labour and birth.
I look forward to welcoming you to my class at this beautiful yoga oasis, Nilaya House, and I hope to help prepare and encourage you on your journey to motherhood.
Om Doula Dubai