Join us tomorrow evening (Wednesday August 31) for a free community event of Sanskrit chanting, japa meditation, chai and sweets in honor of Ganesh Chaturti. A perfect was to restart the year – chanting for the removal of obstacles.
We have full schedule of workshops and courses coming up this month, from Yoga Philosophy to Yoga for Managing Migraines. Read on for more details.
Yours in Yoga
Nilaya House Founder & Teacher
BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIAL
15% OFF 6 & 12 MONTH PASSES
ON SALE TIL AUGUST 31
Terms & Conditions
- Passes can be frozen for up to three weeks allowing for travel
- Passes to be purchased by August 31 and activated within one month of purchase
- No refunds, exchanges or transfers
THE BIG STILL
WITH AMANDA SMITH
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 1
AED180 (in shala & online)
Dropping down from our ‘thinking thinking’ mind, into feeling the sensations of our body can give us time to find out how we are really doing.
Spending so much time in our heads can be exhausting. An embodiment practice, like Yin, calms the fast pace thoughts and allows us to take that deep breath to let things be as they are.
Gentle poses for all kinds of bodies.
MOVEMENT & MIGRAINE WITH RANGAJI RAMACHANDRAN
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3
AED275 (in shala and online)
This indepth session will explore various yogic techniques including asanas, pranayama and lifestyle for alleviating migraine symptoms as well as ultimately preventing migraines in the long term.
Topics to be covered include;
* Deep understanding of structure and how it can influence the functions of the body
* Yoga asana sequences for alleviating, managing and ultimately preventing migraines
* Ayurvedic principles in understanding migraines and internal factors such as hormones
* Breath work for the mind when it needs to be under control
* Role of sleep and rest, breathwork for relaxation
MENSTRUAL CYCLE AWARENESS
FOR YOGA PRACTITIONERS WITH NEA FERRIER
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11
AED150 for lecture only
AED250 for lecture and restorative yoga class (3:45-5:00pm)
Join Nea for a workshop on cultivating a close and loving relationship with your menstrual cycle.
Proceeds from this lecture will be donated to Yoga Gives Back and The Pad Project, who are working with women and girls in India, to remove stigma associated with menstruation, provide them with affordable sanitary wear as well as microfinancing for women to make and sell their own pads.
COOLING IYENGAR YOGA ASANA PRACTICE WITH APARAJITA GHOSE
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 17
Often due to the demands of our daily activities we find ourselves in a state of agitation and unrest. Sometimes we might even find our minds and bodies buzzing, unable to rest.
Iyengar Yoga is beneficial in this respect. Certain sequences of asanas bring the body into a state of balance. The ripples in our mind and body get quietened, and we experience a sense of calm coolness.
In this workshop, we will practise and learn;
- Which asanas have a Cooling and Calming effect
- How to do them with the support of chairs, and bolsters so we can stay longer in the posture
- How to sequence a short sequence for yourself when you want to come into an emotional and physical balance
YOGA FOR PREGNANCY & BIRTH WITH BRITNI ALLEN CD(DONA) LC(CBI)
SEPTEMBER 11 – OCTOBER 16
Join certified birth doula Britni Allen for a six-week course to prepare your body & mind for birth. These sessions will combine prenatal yoga sequences for strength, mobility, and relaxation along with a weekly discussion topic, drawing on Britni’s multiple years of experience in providing birth support to women in Dubai.
INTRO TO ASHTANGA YOGA COURSE
LEVEL 1 (MORNINGS)
WITH ZAINAB HAFIZJITHREE-WEEK COURSE
(TWO-SESSIONS PER WEEK)
WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY
Over these six sessions, you will be introduced to the foundational postures of Ashtanga yoga as well as the method for practice. You will learn about the history and origin of the Ashtanga practice, the correct breathing technique, Surya Namaskar, standing postures, closing postures, and relaxation.
FIVE-WEEK COURSE WITH ANASTACIA RIBAS
STARTS SEPTEMBER 12
The importance of reconnecting with sensation within.
These session will explore Embodied Yoga concepts in a Slow Flow practice including breathwork and meditation.
Who is this for?
- Practitioners wanting inspiration for personal practice
- Teachers wanting to learn how to guide students into a deeper practice experience
- Teachers and practitioners wanting to learn intelligent sequencing concepts
INTRODUCTION TO THE YOGA SUTRA
WITH ELEONORA CERVELLERA
STARTS SEPTEMBER 20
In shala & Online via zoom
In this four-week course, participants will learn key points of Patanjali’s system and how it informs both practice and other aspects of our lives.
We will explore:
- An overview of Patanjali’s system
- How to free oneself from suffering
- How to apply the teachings into our modern life
Friday September 30
Sri Jyoti Cakra Puja with Payal Baria
For inner and outer abundance
Free community event open to all