Dear Nilaya House friends,
Wishing you all a wonderful UAE National Day holiday period. We hope you enjoy the great weather and of course some time on the mat too!
We are open as usual this week and throughout December. We’ll be closed on December 25, 31 and January 1.
We have some fantastic courses and workshops happening this month, both online and in the shala. Let’s end 2020 with a positive outlook and supportive yoga practices to welcome in the new year.
Yours in Yoga,
B.K.S. Iyengar Anniversary Classes
Monday December 14
In memory of Yoga master B.K.S Iyengar, we will hold two special classes on Monday December 14 open to new and existing students.
Iyengar Yoga Beginners Class with Aparajita Ghose
Suitable for those completely new to yoga or new to Iyengar Yoga.
Regular Iyengar Yoga practitioner class with Naseem Kapasi
Open to existing Iyengar Yoga practitioners of all levels.
Sanskrit Alphabet & Chanting Course with Lakshya
Tuesdays & Thursdays for two weeks
Online Via Zoom (recordings available)
– Understanding where the sound is originated and how to create it
– Correct Pronunciation of each letter
– Examples for each letter, mostly using Asana names or other common Sanskrit words/ words found in chants2. Chanting:
– Put the Sanskrit sounds into practice and go over a few popular chants, with a focus on the pronunciation
10-week Online Meditation Course with Renato Koch, Awakening Prema
Online Via Zoom
Starts December 7 for ten weeks
This certified (IPHM) live online meditation course consists of:
– 30hrs of training to be done over 10 weeks – Every Monday 3hs online through zoom;
– Pdf Booklet to be provided in parts one chapter per week;
– gradual advance learning and practice over the 10 weeks program;
– 2 to 3 meditations to be practiced per week having 25 meditations to be trained during the course;
– Support Whatsapp Group to share all the weekly meditations, suggested documentaries, books to inhance the participants knowledge and follow up on the daily practice;
– recording of the zoom session
Ashtanga Yoga Appreciation Programme
January – June 2021
**EARLY BIRD PRICING TIL DECEMBER 15**
A six-month programme covering Ashtanga Yoga practice and philosophy. Open to students of all levels.
Designed for students looking for an immersion into Ashtanga Yoga under the guidance of an authorised teacher.
Friday Workshops (once a month)
Philosophy Lecture; Samkhaya Philosophy & Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (11:00-12:30pm)
Practical Workshop; Review of asanas techniques & correct vinyasa count (1:00-3:00pm)
Workshops will be live-streamed for any students living outside of Dubai or unable to join in live. Workshop recordings will be accessible for 14 days after the date, in case of travel etc.
Cycle Awareness for Ashtanginis
Online Workshop with Nea Ferrier
Saturday December 12
AED150 (recording available)
Ashtanga yoga is traditionally a daily practice, with the practitoner taking rest one day a week and on moondays. This daily practice provides a wonderful opportunity to oberserve our changing moods, attitudes and energy levels. While the practice may be the same each day, the way we encounter it will be different.
For female practitioners, we can use our practice to connect on a deeper level with our menstrual cycle. This workshop will explore the four key stages of a women’s cycle and how to integrate this knowledge with our Ashtanga yoga practice, to enhance our feminity and sexuality as yoginis.
The workshop will include a lecture and a restorative yoga practice.
The Big Still
Friday December 18
The final BIG STILL of the Year.
A time where we shall come together in stillness and reflect.
Within the session we put ourselves into simple poses. We resolve to be still and we release over time. We dare to let things be.
If you think that you’ve got some tension stored as a result of this year, come join in.
BOOK IN FOR CLASSES VIA NILAYAYHOUSE.COM OR THE SCHEDULEHOUSE APP